Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In Memoriam - Dottie Rambo

My first exposure to Dottie Rambo was actually at a Andrae Crouch Concert in Atlanta when I was much younger.

Dottie Rambo died early Sunday morning, May 11 in a bus accident. If the links are still good, you can read the story from the New York Times or Yahoo! News.

Through the years, I haven't followed her career, or life, very closely, but some of the songs she has written have impacted me as a musician. One that has been very special to me was within arm's reach as I read of her passing just a few minutes ago. She co-wrote with Jimmie Davis "Sheltered in the Arms of God."





May God bless and strengthen her family in the days, as well as touch the lives of those who were injured in the accident.

Richard

No comments:

Dilemma in Music Ministry

In church music, we basically live from Sunday to Sunday, and, in my case, Wednesday to Wednesday for rehearsals. There is the planning and ...